Bioactive Bone Graft Putty
Osteofuse Bioactive Bone Graft Putty is comprised of a bi-phasic mineral composite combined with our patented bioactive glass and resorbable polymer carrier. The device is pre-loaded in an open barrel syringe applicator. Prior to use, the implant is manipulated to form a moldable putty that offers exceptional handling characteristics and can be packed into osseous defects, used either alone or mixed with autograft.
- The biphasic composition has been shown to be in the optimal range for cell growth, bone bonding, cell maturation and bone formation.
- The controlled resorption rate produces a stable scaffold that allows sustained bioactivity and osteoconductivity during the healing process.
- In vitro studies showed apatite layer formation on the surface of the implant as early as 7 days.
- The patented bioactive component is designed for a faster rate of bone fill than bioglass particles having a broader size range.
- The patented AOP carrier is designed for rapid resorption allowing for cellular infiltration during the inflammatory phase of the bone healing process.
- Following resorption, this highly biocompatible carrier is eliminated through natural metabolic pathways.
- Superior handling characteristics allow for shaping to any size defect.
- Can be easily combined with autologous bone while maintaining graft integrity.